Grand Soleil 43 2006
Boat Make: Grand Soleil
Boat Model: 43
Boat Length: 13.11 m
Fuel Tank Capacity: 230 Liters
Water Tank Capacity: 400 Liters
Engine Power (hp):
Keel Type: Bulb Keel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Built with a sandwich core of closed cell foam and layers of vinylester resin combined with an integrated galvanised steel frame/matrix to take and distribute the loads of the chain plates, keel and mast. The Grand Soleil 43 is a strong yet high performance sailing yacht. Having teak laid on the deck, coach roof and cockpit the finish is both attractive and practical. Like the joinery, hull construction is also high calibre.
Fitted with a German mainsheet system with Harken Traveller and six winches in total, including one electric, the boat is well set up for both cruising and performance racing.
In keeping with the general theme of the boat, all of the hardware and deck fittings-Harken blocks and winches, Spinlock clutches, Lewmar hatches, a Facnor recessed furler, are all high quality fittings.
- 2 x 48.2 Harken, mainsheet winch
- 2 x 58.2 Harken, primary winch
- 2 x 44.2 Harken, halyard winch (starboard with electric drive)
- Spray hood
- Cleats at midships
- Spinnaker sheets, guys and blocks
The boat has a complete, sail locker and many sails have only been lightly raced inshore and used for some cruising. There is also the option of an added 2015 Ultimate Sails Laminate Racing Mainsail with cars along with the sail locker listed below.
- Ultimate Sails battened cruising mainsail, Ronstan cars (2018)
- North Sails Fully-battened cruising mainsail, Ronstan cars (2007)
- Ultimate Sails Cruising Code 2 furling jib (2012)
- Ultimate Sails Code 0 (2013)
- Ultimate Sails AP Full Radial Spinnaker (2012)
- North Sails A4 Spinnaker, year unknown
- Unused storm jib and trisail
- Boom cover (2012)
Commissioned with the racing options which includes the following:
- 3 spreader alloy mast
- Rod rigging installed in 2011
- Hydraulic backstay adjuster
- Carbon spinnaker pole and cover
- 5 Dyneema halyards, halyards and jib sheets replaced in 2014
- Facnor Furler fitted (below deck), with Tuff Luff forestay in store
- Rigid boom vang
- Lazy jacks / stack pack
The boat has a complete package of navigational aids and systems including a Laptop PC at the chart table with a WiFi keyboard and second screen. Wind instruments, depth, speed log and other standard equipment is fully integrated, the full list includes:
- Raymarine ST60 plus Speed/Wind/Depth/Graphic at companionway hatch
- Raymarine ST 6002 Auto Pilot
- Raymarine C80 plotter at chart table
- Raymarine E9 Multifunction Display at Helm position
- Garmin AIS Transponder
- Ritchie magnetic compass
- 'Sea me' radar transponder
- Icom ICM421 VHF Radio
- Acer Laptop at chart table with WiFi keyboard and second screen
- Windex at mast-head
Having benefitted from the usual routine maintenance and servicing plus a new battery charger and batteries VOLO is both mechanically and electrically in 'sail away' condition. Good engine access through the companionway steps allows easy routine and daily checks to be carried out on the 55hp auxiliary Volvo engine.
- Volvo D2-55C engine, 4 cylinder, sail drive.
- 12v circuit with switch panel
- 12v charging outlet
- Battery charger, new 2018
- Battery bank, new 2018
- 220v switch panel
- 220v outlets x 3
The interior finish is stained mahogany with a polished finished, ample storage space is available through the galley, saloon and cabin areas. Benefitting from two heads, forward and aft, the boat is comfortable and spacious when on board. The fore cabin benefits from lateral shelving, reading spotlights and main lighting is in the headlining.
Both heads have pressurised hot and cold water with shower, mirror and electric shower drain pump. Plumbing systems for the toilet units is through seawater inlet/outlets.
The saloon space is large and open with a c-shaped settee, storage beneath and a dining table that lowers to provide a large bunk. There is further storage beneath seating, in lockers and on a book shelf.
Galley space is large with a 3 burner gas stove plus oven and grill fitted in 2012. Various lockers and further storage space surround the worktops. Downlights are in the headlining and there is a double stainless steel sink, again with hot and cold water. Refrigeration unit is also complete with an icebox.
Port and starboard aft cabins have both hanging lockers and side lockers. Double berths are fitted with lee guards and similar lighting to the rest of the boat. There is access to the engine bay through both cabins also.
The chart table is large with a lifting worktop for storage underneath. Further navigation tools as mentioned above and a reading light for chart work.
- Stainless steel main anchor, with chain
- Tankage; 400ltr water, 230ltr fuel.
- Kedge anchor and rode
- Warps, fenders, fender mat
- Manual and automatic bilge pumps
- Bathing platform, ladder and shower in cockpit
Parkstone Bay Yachts provides the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information set out in these particulars, and we do not warrant the condition of the vessel. The particulars are intended as a guide only and do not constitute a term of any contract. A prospective buyer is advised to check the particulars and specifications and where appropriate instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to fully inspect the vessel and/or to have a sea trial of the vessel. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.