Contest 44 1998
Boat Make: Contest
Boat Model: 44
Boat Length: 13.4 m
Keel Type: Fin Keel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
- GRP vacuum injected hull with laminated transverse and longitudinal reinforcements, engine- foundations and bulkheads laminated to the hull.
- The hull laminate is constructed of GRP resin, chopped strand mat, woven rovings and an extra anti-osmosis resin layer and an insulated end-grain balsa sandwich.
- Hull finished in standard white Contest gelcoat; painted Awlgrip stripe and waterline.
- Substantial teak rubbing strake with stainless steel rub-strip.
- Deck and superstructure are constructed from GRP vacuum-injected deck with laminated foam profiles.
- Solid laminate under all deck fittings.
- The deck and superstructure are finished in standard white Contest gelcoat. • The hull to deck joint is bolted and then laminated.
- 12mm teak laid decking is fitted to side decks, coachroof, toerail capping, and bathing platform with screws and sealant.
- The decks were completely re-furbished and re-caulked in 2016.
- Scoop transom/bathing platform with integral steps.
- Self-draining cockpit with teak slats on the floor and teak seating. Generator installed under the cockpit floor with large access hatch.
- Keel and Rudder:
- Cast iron fin keel externally bolted with stainless steel bolts
- GRP rudder blade with aluminium rudder shaft and full skeg protection.
Engine and gearbox:
- Volvo TMD-31L 100hp 4-cylinder turbo charged marine diesel engine, professionally serviced annually. Cruising speed approx. 7 knots.
- Reduction gearbox with flexible coupling to shaft.
- Freshwater cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger.
- Oil cooler kit (2010)
- Sepa KWA-50 fuel/water separator.
- Single lever throttle control on steering pedestal
- Engine control panel in cockpit with rev counter, oil pressure, water temperature, engine hours
counter and alarms.
- Spare new/unused starter motor (2013)
Propulsion and steering:
- Whitlock GRP steering pedestal with hide covered steering wheel.
- Whitlock Mamba rod-linkage steering (not chains).
- Emergency steering on rudderpost by tiller.
- Sleipner 10hp bow thruster (overhauled 2015)
- 3-blade Maxprop feathering propeller fully reconditioned and balanced 2013.
- 12v DC domestic systems with 230v AC from shore power, inverter or generator.
- 2 x 105Ah 12v engine start/bow thruster batteries joined in parallel to supply 210Ah @ 12v DC
- 4 x 115Ah service batteries joined in parallel to supply 460Ah @ 12v DC
- Rutland 12v DC wind generator (2017)
- Victron intelligent battery charger with integrated 230V AC inverter (2014) with remote
controller and charge limiter at DC panel.
- Merlin Smart gauge battery management system
- Magnetronic DCC4000 battery status monitor
- 2 x engine mounted alternators
- Sterling 4-step alternator booster Generators:
- 120 amp solar panel mounted on arch over transom (2014)
- Rutland 12v DC wind generator (2017)
- Paguro 4000 – 230V 50Hz watercooled marine generator (2013)
- Towed in-water 12V DC generator.
- 230V AC shore power system with cables and adapters for Europe and USA/Caribbean
- 230V AC power sockets in cabins, galley and chart table.
- 12V DC sockets in main saloon, cockpit and chart table.
- USB charging sockets at chart table.
- Electronic ultrasound anti-fouling system with 2 transducers.
- Pressurised fresh water system via 12V DC pressure pump (2016)
- Isotemp stainless steel 40 litre hot water calorifier. Water heated via 230V AC immersion
heater or Eberspacher Hydronic water heating system.
- Spectra 380 12V DC watermaker producing approx. 16 gph.
- Clark high pressure pump for above replaced 2013
- Emergency hand operated RO watermaker
- Whale Gusher Titan manual bilge pump operated from cockpit
- 2 x Rule 12V DC electric bilge pumps
- Showers discharge via 121V DC pumps
- Grey water discharge overboard via seacocks
- Blackwater discharges overboard or to holding tank.
- Pressurised hot and cold shower at transom
- Pressurised salt water deck/anchor washdown at bow
- All bronze seacocks replaced 2013
- Fuel 340 litres (75 gallons) in 1 stainless steel tank.
- Tank level meter at DC panel by chart table.
- Fresh Water 620 litres (136 gallons) in 2 x plastic tanks
- Tank level meter at DC panel
- Plastic blackwater holding tank servicing aft heads
- Raymarine Evolution Autopilot with p70s control head (2017)
- Raymarineautopilotremotecontrol(canbeoperated at chart table)
- Raymarine, Wind, Speed, Depth (2015)
- Nav and VMG displays
- Steering compass on binnacle (2018)
- RaymarineC90Wchartplotteronbinnaclemounting (2013)
- Additional handheld GPS with mounting (2017)
- Raymarine Axiom Multi Function Display (MFD) (2018)
- Raymarine GPS receiver and AIS receiver/transmitter (2013)
- Raymarine digital radar (2013)
- All above displayed on Axiom MFD.
- Raytheon multi function instrument display
- Clock and Barometer
- Electronic hand-bearing compass
- Iridium Pilot satellite telephone system with 2 x telephone handsets (2013)
- SailMail ‘RedBox’ WiFi router
- Icom IC-M710 HF/MF SSB transceiver with insulated backstay antenna and copper earth plate.
- P4 Dragon DR-7400 Pactor Modem with Bluetooth and leads to connect to IC-M710.
- Raymarine VHF with DSC (2015)
- Icom handheld VHF with docking station/charger.
- Twin s/s sinks with thermostatic hot & cold water supply
- Third s/s basin with pressurised cold water supply
- Separate faucet for pressurised cold carbon filtered water
- GN Espace Levante 3 burner marine gas cooker with oven and grill (2013)
- 230V AC microwave oven (2013)
- Front opening 100 litre Frigonautica 12V DC refrigerator (new compressor 2010)
- Top opening 12V DC deep freeze (can also be used as a fridge) with remote temperature guage.
- Eberspacher Hydronic 5 12V DC water-based hot-air system with outlets throughout interior (2010).
- 12V DC fans throughout interior
- Opening deckhead hatches throughout plus opening side ports all with blinds and mosquito
- 32" TV in aft cabin
- Deckhead mounted LED lights throughout
- Reading lights in cabins and main saloon
- Chart lamp over chart table
- Red night light over navigation area
- Twin forecabin with infill for double.
- Owners en-suite aft cabin with island double bed with sprung slatted base
- 2 settee berths in main saloon
- All 6 berths fitted with lee-cloths or lee-boards.
- Teak joinery throughout
- White Corian worktops in galley and heads
- Teak and Holly floorboards
- Off-white vinyl headlinings
- Full standing headroom in all cabins.
- Large V-berth with seat which can be used as an infill to create a comfortable double berth.
- There are Lee-boards underneath the mattresses for use at sea if required.
- Large stowage areas beneath the bunks.
- Hanging locker, cupboard and shelves.
- Access to aft heads.
- Door to main saloon
- Jabsco manual marine heads
- Wash basin with pressurised hot and cold water
- Pull-out shower head.
- Teak grating.
- Electric pump-out for shower.
- Cupboards, shelving and mirror.
- U-shaped settee to starboard with stowage underneath, above and outboard.
- Folding teak table on centre line.
- Settee to port with s/s fuel tank beneath.
- Stowage outboard and above.
- Smoke alarm.
- Large forward-facing chart table with chart stowage beneath.
- Plenty of space for navigation instruments.
- AC/DC panel
- Lockers and shelves for pilot books and manuals
- Wet hanging locker aft of seat. Galley:
- Linear galley in walk-through to aft cabin.
- L-shaped counter at forward end
- Three stainless steel sinks with Corian covers
- Gimballed gas stove.
- Top opening fridge/freezer
- Front opening 100 litre refrigerator
- 230V microwave
- Significant stowage in lockers, cupboards, drawers and shelves.
- Dedicated mug storage unit.
- Dedicated crockery storage.
- Circular cocktail cabinet for glasses with LED lighting.
- Engine access inboard.
- Large centreline double island bed with split mattress and sprung slatted base.
- Storage beneath bed.
- Hanging locker to starboard.
- Large cupboards with shelving both port and starboard.
- Extensive other storage in lockers, cupboards, and shelves.
- 32” TV.
- Carbon monoxide alarm.
- Jabsco manual marine heads
- Holding tank
- Wash basin with pressurised hot and cold water.
- Separate shower cubicle with electric pump-out.
- Thermostatic hot and cold water supply in the heads.
- Teak gratings.
- Selden silver-anodised aluminium alloy spars
- Deck-stepped masthead rigged spar with 2 sets of spreaders
• Folding mast steps to top of mast
• Selden rod-kicker with gas ram adjustment (2016)
• Furlex 400S genoa furler (2004)
• Detachable cutter inner forestay for staysail
• Stainless steel standing rigging (2010)
• Manually adjustable backstay
• Fully battened mainsail system with Selden ball bearing batten car system on track
- Lewmar mainsheet system with adjustable track aft of cockpit
- Lewmar Ocean Grey series deck gear with towable genoa cars
- 2 x Selden aluminium alloy spinnaker poles
- Selden aluminium alloy gennaker retractable bowsprit. (2013)
- 2 x Lemar 58SEST 2-speed self-tailing electric primary winches in cockpit
- 2 x Lewmar 48ST 2-speed self-tailing spinnaker winches in cockpit
- 2 x Lewmar 48ST 2-speed self tailing halyard winches at companionway
- 1 x Lewmar 48ST 2-speed self-tailing halyard winch on mast
- North sails fully-battened mainsail with three reefs (2007)
- Crusader high clew furling genoa (2016)
- Hanked-on staysail/storm jib
- Kemp Code-zero on Karver KF2TD Large top-down furler (2013)
- Kemp full-radial all-purpose cruising chute to suit above Karver furler (2013)
- I = 17.60m, J = 5.50m, P = 15.62m, E = 4.20m
- Stainless steel pushpit and pulpit
- Midship gates
- Gate to bathing/boarding platform
- Stainless steel boarding ladder with teak steps
- Bow, stern and midship cleats.
- Lofrans 1800W 12V DC windlass with remote control (2015)
- 25Kg Delta anchor with 100m calibrated galvanised 10mm chain
- 25Kg Kedge anchor with 5m chain and 100m 16mm octoplat warp
- Fenders and warpsCanvas and CushionsL
- Sprayhood on stainless steel frame (2018)
- Bimini (2015)
- Bimini side curtains and forwards spray hood extension (2015)
- Tailored cockpit seat cushions (2013)
- Ribeye TS280 inflatable RIB (stows on foredeck). (2013)
- 9.8hp Tohatsu 2-stroke outboard (2015).
- Above combination will plane easily with two crew.
- Teak outboard bracket on pushpit
- Stainless steel outboard davit/crane at pushpit
- McMurdo 406Mhz EPIRB (2017)
- 4-man Seago canister liferaft stowed on deck (serviced 2019)
- 2 x horseshoe buoys with lights
- Offshore danbuoy with light
- Throwing ring with floating line
- Horseshow lifebuoy man overboard system mounted on pushpit
- Flares in cannister
- 9” Echomax enclosed radar reflector on mast mount
Firefighting equipment (all new 2013):
- Fire extinguishers throughout
- Fire blanket in galley
Parkstone Bay Yachts provides the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information set out in these particulars, and do we warrant the condition of the vessel. The particulars are intended as a guide only and do not constitute a term of any contract. A prospective buyer is advised to check the particulars and specifications and where appropriate instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to fully inspect the vessel and/or to have a sea trial of the vessel. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.