Boat Make: Contest
Boat Model: 42CS
Boat Length: 12.85 m
Fuel Tank Capacity: 314 L
Water Tank Capacity: 381 L
Engine Power (hp): 54
Keel Type: Fin (Lead)
Hull Material: GRP, Vacuum infusion
The Contest 42CS ? a unique cruiser that sets a new standard for sailing yachts in this size bracket.
The new 42CS is a significant departure, created in response to increasing demands for a Contest in this size range with a twin steering and aft cockpit layout. You can choose whether to create a family cruiser, a performance boat or a short-handed yacht that two can easily handle. The design platform allows a choice between various options related to interior, the cockpit and the stern layout.
You could opt for a large bathing platform, or go for a secured stern with bathing ladder. Regardless of the choices made, the 42CS has been exceptionally well engineered and is sure to have excellent performance. She is very attractive for families looking to sail with children onboard, while also offering enhanced comfort for experienced sailors looking to perhaps buy their last sailing boat.
Hull and deck are made of high quality materials. Several interior arrangements are possible within the structural bulkheads and keel grid.
- Hull in sandwich, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Laminate consisting of: quadraxial and biaxial E-glass for inner and outer skins, infused with vinylester resin.
- Local unidirectional E-glass reinforcements.
- Solid laminate in structural areas like the keel area.
- First layer after gelcoat is a special barrier coat, providing extra osmosis resistance.
- Structural bulkheads fully bonded to hull and deck.
- Two year warranty.
- Hull: gelcoat white.
- Stripe and waterlines: dark blue.
- Antifoul: 2 layers.
- Flush hull windows.
- Deck in sandwich, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Deck: gelcoat white.
- Laminate consisting of quadraxial and biaxial E-glass for inner and outer skins.
- Local unidirectional E-glass reinforcements.
- Solid laminate in structural areas where deck equipment is fitted.
- Deck lockers and anchor locker in composite with grey gelcoat finish and aluminium hatches.
- Teak toe rail, cockpit seats, cockpit sole and teak detailing around the cockpit.
- Structural bulkheads fully bonded.
- Vacuum infused composite longitudinals in sandwich, using the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Hull stiffeners consisting of quadraxial and biaxial infused E-glass fully bonded.
- Lead performance keel with bulb.
- Keel bolted through solid laminate using stainless steel bolts.
- Keel girders, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Fully balanced composite spade rudder.
- Fibre orientated rudder laminate composite.
- Aluminium rudderpost.
- JEFA rudder bearings.
- JEFA steering system.
- Large cockpit, suitable for six people sitting.
- 2 separate helmsman positions.
- Winches and sheets situated within reach of helmsman?s position.
- Free walkway from cockpit to bathing platform.
- Cockpit dry stowage lockers.
- Pad eyes for safety harnesses mounted in cockpit.
Hatches and windows
- Low profile aluminium deck hatches.
- Flush windows in hull.
Deck hardware and equipment
- Stainless steel 316 stern head fitting.
- Stainless steel 316 guardrails 62 cm high with 2 wires.
- Stainless steel 316 bathing ladder.
- Stainless steel 316 deck fillers.
- Stainless steel 316 handrails on cabin roof.
- Stainless steel 316 anti chafe rails below mooring cleats.
- Mooring cleats: two cleats with two fairleads forward, two cleats amidships and two cleats aft.
- Flagpole with support and flag.
- Aluminium emergency tiller.
- Four fenders and ropes.
- Four 16 m 14 mm mooring warps.
- Deck fittings.
- Self tailing winches throughout.
- Winch handles.
- Mast winches mounted on deck near entrance, manual.
- Halyards led back to cockpit with organizers and rope clutches.
- Integrated anchor launching system in bow.
- Electric anchor winch.
- 20 kg Delta anchor with 50 m galvanised 10 mm anchor chain.
- Anchor chain marked each 10 m.
- Twin steering pedestals.
- Mast, keel stepped, sloop rigged with silver anodised finish.
- Two sets of spreaders.
- Slab reefing system.
- Reefing lines led aft to cockpit.
- BAT Car system.
- Genoa halyard winch near entrance.
- Windex in mast top.
- LED navigation lights.
- Combined deck and steam light.
- Masthead light 3 colours with anchor light.
- Standing rigging in stainless steel.
- Backstay tensioner.
- Genoa furling system with line lead aft to cockpit.
- Main sheet 12 mm, winches situated within reach of the helmsman.
- Genoa sheets 12 mm, winches situated within reach of the helmsman.
- Mainsail, fully battened, slab reefing by North Sails.
- Lazy jacks and main sail cover.
- Furling Genoa by North Sails.
As with all Contest Yachts the interior will be fully made at our own yard in Medemblik, with great attendance to flexibility and detailing.
- Teak joinery.
- Light oak floor.
- Matt varnished.
- Chrome fittings throughout.
- Shower stalls with on handle mixer valves.
- Doors with anti-rattle door locks.
- Worktops in galley.
- Tops in each head with washbasins.
- Three-burner cooker, with oven and grill fitted on gimbals (stainless steel).
- Quality upholstery, colour to owners choice.
- Quality curtains blinds for hull windows.
- Lee cloths in all berths.
- Overhead lights in all cabins.
- Red navigation light above chart table.
- Careful noise reduction throughout.
- Engine room well insulated.
- 7-zone latex mattresses in all cabins.
- Extensive mirrors in both heads.
- Yanmar 4JH5, 40kW (54hp) rpm 4 cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine.
- Indirect cooling.
- Yanmar SD60 Sail drive.
- 12V/125A alternator.
- Single lever gearshift and throttle control on starboard steering pedestal.
- Engine panel fitted in cockpit including rev. counter, oil pressure- temperature- and charge alarm, start and stop buttons.
- Water cooled exhaust with water lock.
- 3-bladed folding propeller in bronze.
- Engine room insulated with combined drone- and sound absorbing insulation.
- Engine room ventilation by electric ventilators and via double natural ventilation grills.
- Fuel tank capacity 314 litres.
- SEPAR water separator and fuel filter. Acoustic and visual ?water in fuel?-alarm.
- Electric tank level gauge.
Fresh water system
- Pressurized hot & cold water system; tank capacity 455 litres.
- Mixer taps in galley and showers.
- Hot water tank in 316 stainless steel, 40 litres with double heat-exchanger to engine and 230V element.
- Electric tank level gauge.
- Triple bilge system (electric), engine room (manual) and garage (electric).
- Inspection/central bilge incorporated in keel structure.
Black & Grey water system
- One manual flush seawater toilet in forward head.
- One manual flush seawater toilet in aft head.
- Waste water tanks for aft and forward head.
- Indicator on black water tank, indicating full or empty.
- Two shower stalls with automatic drain.
- Flexible hose for connection to bilge pump to remove water from any location of the boat.
- Refrigerator in galley.
- Forced ventilation system on engine room.
- Gas valve manual.
- Three foam fire extinguishers 2 kg.
- Fire blanket.
- Fire port in engine room wall for portable fire extinguisher.
- 12VDC and 230VAC system on board.
- Service batteries 420Ah@12VDC (3 x 140Ah).
- Start battery 50Ah@12VDC.
- Battery charger service batteries and start battery.
- Alternator 12VDC, 125A.
- 230VAC shore power connection, including cable 25 m with CE connector.
- 230VAC distribution system with 16A ground fault circuit breaker including 230V socket.
- Socket for 12V.
- All sea cocks under the waterline are grounded.
- All main switches situated at the switchboard.
- All navigation lights with control LED?s operated from the switchboard.
- Tank level gauges situated at the switchboard.
- Running bilge pump
- Water in fuel
- Battery level
- Black water tanks
- Switch for navigation lights on engine/sailing
- The boat is CE certificated category A (unlimited ocean voyages).
- Lloyds certificate on hull.